The New Zealand Honey Discovery
- For centuries honey has been recognised as having beneficial health-giving qualities due largely to an enzyme activity.
- Scientific research at New Zealand's University of Waikato discovered that some strains of New Zealand mānuka honey contains an extraordinary, naturally present, very stable property not found in any other variety of honey.
- This unique property comes from the nectar of the mānuka flower - it is quite distinct from the enzyme activity that is common to most honeys.
- This special property sets Mānuka Honey from New Zealand apart as one of nature's true wonderfoods.
- But this special unique property is not in all mānuka honey.